Teeple Architects Inc. is recognized for executing technically advanced projects of exceptional quality, that are conceptually and practically rooted in the specific needs and aspirations of each client. The firm has been recognized with many awards for design excellence and sustainability on the local, provincial, national and international levels.
A medium-sized firm located in downtown Toronto, our studio has a creative and collaborative environment filled with ambitious and talented people doing boundary-pushing work. The firm culture is collegial and collaborative, and driven by a common goal of design excellence. Every project must push the envelope in some way, achieve something completely new and exciting, and move us forward as designers.
We work in the institutional sector across Canada and the residential development sector in the GTA.
We are seeking a Senior Project Architect with 10 years’ minimum professional experience.
We are looking for a person who is capable of working on all project types and in all project phases. We do not departmentalize roles but rather we believe that the firm is strongest and most resilient when each staff member has a wide variety of skills. Below is a sample of roles and responsibilities of this position.
- Participate as a team member in the design of projects and work directly with the Partners from the initial design concept through to design development, contract documents and final execution. You will be expected to manage projects in every respect with the oversight and assistance of Directors and Partners.
- Be responsible for the production of design presentations. This includes managing junior staff or students and the hands-on production of presentation material.
- Prepare for and attend client design and production review meetings.
- Prepare and coordinate submissions for municipal approvals.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project statistics. Coordinate and ensure compliance with zoning and SPA requirements, LEED or any other applicable sustainability initiatives.
- Coordinate the design work of consultant teams.
- Act as Job Captain managing the production of design development and contract documents. Develop and maintain a work plan for the team and monitor project development against the work plan schedule.
- Review the work of the project team for quality control.
- Contract administration responsibilities will include performing field reviews, mock-up and submittal reviews, and all in-office construction phase work.
- OAA licensed architect, or capable of being licensed in the near future.
- Have exceptional design skills and a strong critical perspective.
- Have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Be passionate about building science and technology, and want to explore new methods of project delivery using technology.
- Be knowledgeable of leading-edge industry construction methods, abreast of the most current building technologies, and enjoy the challenge of designing creative and elegant construction detailing solutions.
- This position works directly with clients and consultants; strong communication skills are essential.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Revit is essential.
We offer a very competitive salary and a comprehensive health and dental plan.
We regret that our office is not barrier-free due to stairs.
Please email CV’s and work samples in PDF format only to email@example.com. Word files will not be opened. We will only contact those candidates we wish to interview. No telephone inquiries please.